Thursday, September 26, 2013

Personal Update: Beware Of The Fall Lazy Bug!!!



     I have been MIA for the past week, and I apologize. I set out on a mission/challenge, where I was going to post a new blog everyday for the entire month of September…… WELL……… Yeah, that kinda did not happen.

     I’m back, and I think I caught a little bit of what I call The Fall Lazy Bug.


     I liken The Fall Lazy Bug to that cusp right before the common cold becomes the FLU or Pneumonia. The Fall Lazy Bug is something you can shake if it’s properly diagnosed and treated. I use the common cold analogy because we have ALL been there. When you’re sneezing and coughing and you blame it on the change in the weather or sleeping without socks. You say to yourself I’ll take an Emergen-C, drink some tea, go to bed a little earlier tonight, and I’ll be fine. Yeah……. well one thing leads to another which leads to “US” having the FLU or something worse.

     The Fall Lazy Bug isn’t a medical thing. It’s basically a self control and organization thing. The fall time much like spring time is a transition period. In the fall things are getting back to normal and settling from the summer.  That transition from summer to fall can be a little exhausting. The transition was especially exhausting for me because I decided at the VERY END of the summer to start all of these “projects.” Of course I couldn’t wait until one project was finished before starting another NOOOOOOO that makes too much sense. ME being ME I had to overlap my projects. Since I’m not working I wanted to “take advantage of all that free time.”

My Project List:

1.   Blog a day in September
2.   20 Day Detox
3.   Attending writing workshops to find my writing “voice”
4.   Paint, and decorate my bathroom
5.   Apply for a “specific” college program (applications, transcripts, fees, financial aid, grants, scholarships etc)
6.   Research and apply for temporary jobs, and/or contract jobs with flexible schedules
7.   Renegotiating contracts for new wedding date
8.   Tracking down my wedding dress
9.   Sending out Postponement Announcements
10.               Setting up a wedding website on theknot.com
11.               Daily maintaining household duties (cooking, cleaning, organizing etc) and all the crap that comes up last minute

     Can you take a guess which was the first thing that I didn’t do???
 

  
     Yeah that didn’t happen. Everything else did happen within the span from mid August until now.

     My list doesn’t seem like a lot, especially when you factor in that I’m not working. HOWEVER all of those duties are emotionally draining, and come with the great task of managing other’s personalities. The hardest task on my list was dealing with the response and feedback regarding changing the wedding date. We didn’t receive any flat out negative responses. We did get a lot of weird subliminal responses. Being 100% honest I think “The Fiance” and I lost a lot of credibility for changing our date. (That’s a subject matter for a post for a later date!!)

     I realized that I had The Lazy Bug last night. I realized I had it when I tried to diagnose “The Hubby-To-Be” with the bug. A light bulb went off in my mind. I was thinking okay if he has it he had to have gotten it from me, and I was right. “The Hubby-To-Be” has it kind of bad. He is borderline going into an early case of  Winter Mind Hibernation. Winter Mind Hibernation is when the mind completely goes on hiatus during the winter. The person basically goes into auto pilot. This happens a lot with men around the Holidays. You end up giving them lists, because they have checked out.

    My Lazy Bug symptoms are not seeing things through completely, and not following any kind of format. Despite having The Lazy Bug things are getting done.  The turnover is just so long. I have 3 loads of clean clothes that have been sitting in the bin ready to be folded for almost one week. I still have 4, rather small, tasks to complete in my bathroom. Other small jobs like hanging up new curtains in our bedroom, and organizing the second bedroom.

     It’s looking like I will be starting back to work in a little less than a month!!! (Yay!!!) So it’s time to snap out of it.


 
     In closing, throughout this “wedding planning” process I am learning so much about myself. One thing that I am learning is how badly I am affected by others. I’m not just affected by people’s words, but also their actions, their energy, and their subliminal saying without saying reactions. Trying to not be phased by others is an ongoing struggle for me. BUT I do see some progress. If I keep up the good work things will get better.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Email:
theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013









No comments:

Post a Comment