Saturday, September 7, 2013

Should I Go There??!!??

     ****Warning a NARCISSISTIC MOMENT is about to take place in 5....4...3.....2.....1.... You've been warned!****

     One of the things that I love the most about this blog is that I allow myself to "go there" with things. By "go there" I mean cross the line, and say things that most people don't say. "Going there" is a double edged sword quality that I have. It's a gift and a curse. I'm so honest and raw about things, and I love that about myself. The down side to that is the consequences of over sharing to the wrong audience....

     Once you put information out there, ohhhh boy is it out there. Some of the things that you do and say may not always be perceived in the way in which you attend it. This happens to me a lot hence the purpose of this post and me questioning whether or not I should "go there."

     Some people are the "what you see is what you get" types. NOT I!!! I am a very abstract person. I have a creative mind. I liken myself to a Vincent van Gogh painting:





     I say a Vincent van Gogh painting because depending on who you ask it's either a masterpiece or just a basic picture. I feel that way about myself. Depending on who you ask I'm either one of the most talented people they've ever come in contact with or I lost my marbles back in 2002! 

     We all have our inner battles. My battle has always been a struggle between Being Normal vs. Being Different. For a while "Normal" had been victorious in my inner battle. I had the "normal" jobs, and wore the "normal" clothes, and ate at the "normal" restaurants. We all know how being normal turned out. So now "Different" is WINNING the battle!!!!!


     I decided that I am going to embrace my creative and "different" side. So what's next? WELL....I have come to an inner cross road in my writing career where I must make a decision. I truly love being the Anti-Bride 2013, but let's face it this website has as much to do with weddings as Star Wars has to do with the space program! 


 


     Having had spent so much time being "normal" I now know that there is a time and place for everything. I can say without a doubt this is my time to re-introduce myself to the writing and journalism world. HOWEVER this is not the platform. 

     It's now time for the Anti-Bride 2013 website to be just a wedding website. All the other crazy shenanigan of my life are going to have to be reverted to a different website. For now I'm going to continue to incorporate my foolishness on this website. In the near future there will be a new website that will be catered to the "anti-life." (**hint hint wink wink**)

     Closing words, earlier in this post I wrote, "Some of the things that you do and say may not always be perceived in the way in which you attend it." I think that this happens when you deliver information to the wrong audience. When I started the Anti-Bride 2013 I just wanted to write and get my thoughts out. Over the course of several months I realized I was writing more about lifestyle and less about wedding stuff. Since I am a journalist first, and a blogger second, I started to feel like I was misrepresenting and misleading my audience. It's time to correct that.

     I think that there is an entire Anti-Bride audience out there. It is long overdue time that I start focusing on that Anti-Bride audience. Look out for subtle changes in the next few weeks/months.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment