Saturday, September 14, 2013

Anti-Bride’s Reasons To Be Excited About Getting Married



     People ask me all the time, “are you excited about getting married?” I always say, “I’m excited about this process being over.” They look stunned and puzzled. Then they walk away.

     I’ve always been that way. Any life changing event that a person should be excited about I’ve always felt like ehhhhh……
 


      I felt that way about graduating from high school, graduating from college, getting my driver’s license, getting my first job, getting my first car. Any and every life changing event I’ve always felt indifferent about it. Don’t get me wrong I was excited, but I always thought the excitement would feel differently.

    Now that I am an adult I think it’s safe to say what I felt was normal it’s just everyone else lies! They make their feelings out to be WAAAYYYY more than what they are. Wait, let me back track a bit. I shouldn’t say EVERYONE lies about their feelings. There are some people out there who get so excited about things that they start to shake in their boots.

     My Wednesday Addams delivery when I answer the question regarding my excitement about getting married may be causing some people to think that there is trouble in my relationship. I just started to send out the wedding postponement announcements. People always assume that when there’s smoke there’s fire. That’s not necessarily the case. There can be smoke without fire. It happens all the time when I don’t clean the spills in my oven before I cook a new meal. Regardless, I think that it is time for some damage control.
   
     Anyone who knows me knows that I am a horrible liar. I can’t lie with a straight face. Despite being a terrible liar I am quite dramatic and can over exaggerate things. (Weird trade off, but you gotta keep the world balanced!) So I got to thinking. There are legitimate things that I am excited about regarding getting married. Maybe I should up the ante on my delivery when people ask me the “excited about getting married” question.  I need to go from Wednesday Addams 


to Elle Woods



 
     Here are my 3 reasons why I am excited about getting married:

1.  Companionship. I’m so excited to have someone else to share all of my life experiences with!
2.  I don't just love my Fiance, I really really really like my Fiancé. I’m my Fiancé’s biggest fan.
3.  I’m so happy to have someone who keeps me grounded.

     Okay so yes these reasons have absolutely nothing to do with getting married. I guess the point is to give a positive and believable answer. I think using any of these 3 reasons would satisfy even the most critical critics.

    Closing words, I’m realizing that being an Anti-Bride is hard work. There are times when you have to take one for the team and put on the “Traditional Bride” tiara. This situation with us postponing the wedding has really made my marital instincts kick in a little early. I feel the need to protect the reputation of my relationship. I am all about being loud and proud and staying true to yourself. I also believe that taking one for the team can divert a huge disaster. In this situation if smiling and giving a cheesy answer to an intrusive question diverts naysayers then so be it!

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment