Friday, September 6, 2013

Attending My First Bridal Showcase

     I watched two movies tonight, and the second movie just ended. I was lying in bed getting extra extra comfy when I realized OOOPPPSS I forgot to do a post for today!! This post a day challenge really is that....a challenge. We're only 6 days into the month sheesh! But I will say that I am enjoying it.

     I will try to keep this post as brief as possible. I'm sure the first draft is going to be filled with edits, because I am very sleepy. I even put my tv on sleep mode so that it would shut off shortly after the movie went off. Okay yeah you can tell I'm tired because I'm really rambling.

     Let's get back on track shall we.......

    Now that we have a whole extra year before our wedding I decided that I wanted to explore more "traditional" bride things. One thing that I wanted to look into was attending a bridal showcase or expo. Our reception hall hosts showcases very frequently. The sales manager invited us to one of their showcases which will take place later on this month. I do plan on attending one of their showcases in the future, BUT I need to crawl before I walk.

     Let me give you a little background about our reception hall. Our reception hall is beautiful. It's better than I could have ever imagined. The only issue is they have STRICT stipulations on using outside vendors. They prefer that you use the vendors that they contract with. Any outside vendor, and/or performer must have a $2 million dollar liability insurance policy. Yes, that's right I said $2,000,000. So the DJ, photographer, wedding singer, and whom ever else must have a $2 million dollar liability insurance policy in order to perform on their premises. Hence why we didn't contract with any vendors for the original November 2013 wedding date.

     The vendor thing does kind of mess up our plans. Especially because we were looking to have my "Uncle Tommy" as our photographer, and "Aunt Gracie and Friends" to perform their Tina Turner routine.




     But hey it's business and I get it. 


     When it's all said and done I will more than likely book all of my vendors through my reception hall. For now, I want to attend a few "low key" bridal showcases or expo's before attending one of the vendor events hosted by my reception hall. 

     I like to think that I am browsing through neighborhoods before attempting to purchase a home. It's a process. One thing that I learned from my mistakes is when in doubt slow down and do things on your own. 

     Closing words, I hope that I find a small expo or showcase to attend. Even if it isn't so much of a vendor showcase but a jewelry, hair, and make up showcase I could live with that! I will keep you guys posted.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment