Thursday, September 12, 2013

Okay I’m Ready For My Ring Now!!!



     As you know we pushed the wedding back to next fall. It’s all starting to settle in. In fact I even started the process of sending out the postponement announcements. This weekend I have vowed that I am going to organize an outline which will include a timeline for the next 3-5 months.

     Patience is a trait unfortunately I do not have. This is too bad because I need patience right now. Everything in my life for the next few weeks/months involves waiting for something. I have to wait until the end of October for my wedding dress to arrive. I have to wait until November to find out if I was accepted into a program so I can pursue a new career. It gets a bit intense!

     When the waiting hits a record high I try to remind myself that this is ALL positive waiting. I’m not broke, or hungry, or homeless, or unloved. I’m waiting for things that people would LOVE to be waiting for.

     Telling myself this calms me down for a bit. I’m able to carry on with my day stress free.

     Lately I have been feeling a little guilty. I’m working on the “be patient” movement within myself, but I’m starting to get a little impatient about my ring. I still don’t have a ring.


     Not having a ring bothers me but doesn’t bother me all at the same time. It’s the weirdest thing.

     I really don’t think about it until I tell people that I’m getting married. When I tell people that I’m getting married they immediately glance down and look for a ring. It’s so obvious, and I always catch them. It makes for an awkward pause and then the conversation continues.

     I actually stopped telling people that I’m getting married, because I don’t have a ring. I only tell people I’m getting married if they inquire. If this is feeling like Déjà vu, that’s because we had this conversation before in the “Cabbage Patch and Rings” post.

     I’ve discussed this with “The Fiancé” and it really all boils down to timing. He’s not the type of person that would get me something that important without my input. While I would love to be surprised with a ring, I appreciate that he appreciates me enough to not blow it! Since I want a rose gold ring we just have not had the time, or the energy, to find a jeweler that we trust to create the style ring that I like. 

     Closing words, since I do struggle with patience I am trying to analyze if my feelings are legitimate or am I being impatient. I think it is a little bit of both. With enough nagging encouragement I’m sure I can inspire “The Fiancé” to make time for ring shopping. Having a ring doesn't make or break the relationship. It's just a nice symbol to let everyone know "he liked it so he put a ring on it."

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment