Monday, September 2, 2013

Shoes Shoes And More Shoes - My Wedding Shoe Choices

     I'm going to try my hardest to keep this short and sweet..... But you know me! That's impossible!!

     For whatever reason I have been extremely cranky for the past two days. I blame the hormones and just being a girl in general. After attempting to install my curtain rod for the second time, and failing miserably I may add, I decided to take a pause before I burned myself out.

     I treated myself to a poor man's spa which included: running the shower water on scorching hot for about 5 minutes so the bathroom is really steamy, putting on my favorite face mask, lowering the shower water a few degrees and taking a shower, putting on a fresh pair of PJ's, and hopping back into my neatly made bed. I closed the blinds, dimmed the lights, put on my favorite Pandora station, and lit a few scented candles. I have some books on deck that I plan to start reading after posting this blog. Shucks you can't tell me I'm not at Sandals Antigua!!


     I'm trying to learn healthy, and positive ways to pull myself out of a rut. I used to go on Facebook, or my favorite celebrity gossip website when I was feeling icky. But that would leave me feeling less icky, and more depressed, angry, fat, and a host of other feelings. I got to thinking what makes me happy??????????

       and then it hit me..........
SHOES!!!!!
    
     I still have yet to find that perfect pair of shoes to wear with my dress. Since I am a Fall/Winter bride I really want a pair of closed toes shoes. I understand that I'm wearing a HUGE gown and very few people will probably even notice my shoes. But a GORGEOUS pair of shoes, whether people see them or not, makes me feel really really pretty. And for all of you people who are saying "well you can still wear a pair of open toe shoes," I'm getting married the first week of November and that time last year in NYC we were recovering from a Hurricane and then an unexpected snow storm. So take that!!!

     A gorgeous pair of closed toe white shoes are hard to come by. While I was in my cranky vegetative state I decided to browse online for a pair. Here are my favs with a few descriptions:
Badgley Mischka - Bethani
$250.00 sold online at zappos.com

 Kate Spade New York - Lisa
$197.99 sold online at zappos.com
 Badgley Mischka - Julie White Wedding Shoe
$199 sold online at myglassslipper.com

Badgley Mischka - Ciri White Wedding Shoe
$159 sold online at myglassslipper.com


Badgley Mischka - Odell
$139 sold online at myglassslipper.com

 


Badgley Mischka - Opel
$99 sold online at myglassslipper.com
 



 Steve Madden - Sparrkk
$240 sold online at myglassslipper.com





ABS by Allen Schwartz - Sabrena Bling Bow Pump
$150 sold online at macys.com
     I have my own individual love affair with each shoe. I was going to go into detail, but I thought it maybe a little too personal to share. I have white shoes, a silver shoe, and an ivory shoe all thrown into the mix. All of the shoes have their own element of sassyness, sexyness, and a few (if not all) have bling. I love BLING!! The theme for my wedding is basically the Prince song Diamond and Pearls! I'm not a huge Prince fan but something about that song does something to me!

     Closing words, despite my over the top personality I try to be somewhat elegant. The last shoe, the Allen Schwartz Sabrena Bling Bow Pump, is my favorite. I just think that it's classy, and in your face all at the same time. I love those shoes! I wouldn't be surprised if they were on my feet on the big day!
Sincerely,
The Anti-Bride 2013
theantibride2013@gmail.com
@theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment