Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Had A Break-thru & I Was Inspired By David Tutera

          Today is a rather “quaint” day for me. It is one of those days you pray for. I woke up today really at peace. The only way to describe my inner feelings is



            If you have been following my blog for a while then you know “finding peace” is a HUGE BREAKTHRU for me. For those who haven’t been following my blog I will give you a QUICK recap. SOOOO……

            I got fired from my job in February of this year. The firing was something that was long overdue and I actually saw it coming. I had been interviewing for new positions with other companies since November 2012. I thought the transition would be easy. In fact one month after losing my job I was offered a great position with a small business. The pay was a little less than what I had been making before, but 50% of the time I would be working from home. I was delighted. Unfortunately, it turned out that the business over projected and really wasn’t in the position to expand at that moment. Needless to say I was out of a job before it even started.

            That was a really low point for me. Prior to losing my job within a span of 6 weeks I had 3 job offers on the table and they ALL went away. The job offer with the small business was my 3rd job offer that was gone with the wind.



           NO, more like gone with the wind like this:
 


            I had been looking for jobs and still trying to keep up with wedding planning. I tried to keep my joblessness a secret from most, but it was really difficult. I hit the pavement hard looking for work. I started networking like crazy. Each week I was sending hundreds of emails. I landed weekly job interviews with staffing firms, recruiters, and I ended up just lucking up and getting interviews the old fashion way. At the rate that I was going I had hope that by the 1st of June I would have a job. Still nothing!

            When you go on 1 to 2 interviews per week, or in my case during the month of May I had 3 interviews with one company, and you still don’t land a job you start to feel awful about yourself. The worst part is when other people start to question you and judge you for not getting a job. So when you add the weekly rejection to the headache of my bridal shower, and wedding planning I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Recently, I decided to get off that emotional roller coaster, and make



            You guessed it! Make lemonade out of lemons. I honestly feel like things are getting better. I still don’t have a job. But I did make use of all that “constructive criticism” that I was getting from my job search. I also did some soul searching. I’m in the waiting process to see what my next move is going to be career wise, but hopefully in the next month or so I will be able to share some good news with you guys.

            Earlier this week I caught an episode of My Fair Wedding with David Tutera. I have not tuned into a lot of wedding and bridal type shows. My nerves just can’t handle it! But for some reason I was under some sort of David Tutera spell and was drawn into this show. It was an old show with a couple who was “Lucky in Love” and wanted to have a Poker/Vegas theme for their wedding. They were a lovely couple. The theme was out there but I kind of got it. The issue was the bride didn’t have the best taste. Her ideas weren’t awful, but I think what we envision in our mind is hard to bring it to life.  

            I’m happy that I watched that episode because I’m struggling with certain aspects of my wedding and a lot of what I wanted for my wedding was in that episode. For example the centerpieces were these beautiful crystals and red roses.



My first name is Crystal, and as narcissistic as you can get the unofficial theme of my wedding is “A Crystal Wedding.” I mean a “CRYSTAL” wedding in every way possible. My middle name is Grace, and I really want to play off of my name as much as I can. Meaning as Crystallyyy and Gracefully as possible.

I am having an evening wedding at a Mexican/Spanish influenced Manor/Mansion in Queens, NY. (Loves the slashes!) I’m not into the whole “walking down the aisle” thing. I want to be what I call 'non-traditionally conservative.'  I define 'non-traditionally conservative' as something that isn’t completely traditional but it’s not so far out there. I want to do something that is different, but still elegant, tasteful, and CLASSY!



I also think since we are basically living together and we are with each other non-stop, for me, it would be a little corny to do the whole Daddy-Daughter walking down the aisle thing. If my relationship with The Fiancé was more of the traditional courtship, or if I was 23 I think it would be more special. I just don’t think that is us. I want to stay true to ourselves. Plus the idea of “Daddy giving daughter away” is kind of lost on me. I’m a rebel so Dad didn’t give me away I just left.

I said this before, I really don’t like wedding ceremonies. Personally, I prefer just attending the reception! While I don’t like ceremonies I do think the ceremony is important, so if we did a ceremony it would have to be short, simple, and to the point. If we want to say our own vows we can. But I really want to go straight from ceremony to reception. I want to get married at my reception.

In The My Fair Wedding episode that’s what they did. They had a 5 second ceremony, they kissed, and then the music came on.

In closing time will tell what I do as far as my wedding is concerned. I have an upcoming post on what’s next in the planning process. But it was so refreshing to see my vision come alive. I don’t feel crazy anymore!!

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013
Crystal Grace

P.S.
            I will be doing a post either late August early September on my hair, make-up, nails, jewelry, and other accessory ideas for my wedding. As a teaser I fell in absolute love with this hair piece that the bride wore in the My Fair Wedding Episode


            The day before watching the show I had a conversation with my sister about how I finalized 2 looks in my head for how I would be wearing my hair. When I saw the hair piece I thought to myself OMGosh I LOVES THIS! So I think I kind of narrowed down my hair style!!


No comments:

Post a Comment