Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Am An Alfred Angelo Bride


              Last Sunday I trekked down to Cherry Hill, NJ to visit the Alfred Angelo store. I tried on and ordered the Alfred Angelo dress that I saw online 6 months ago.
 





            Seriously that is just how it happened.

Initially when visiting the store I felt like DANG-IT “if only  I knew EVERYTHING then that I know now……." If I knew then what I know now, I would have purchased the dress back in January. Back in January I had a job. Back in January I was 15 pounds lighter (meaning I would have had more incentive to lose more weight). Back in January the dress would have been less expensive (because I had to pay for a rush delivery). And back in January I wouldn’t have to contemplate possibly pushing my wedding date back. But what is the saying “you live and you learn.” So I’m living and learning.

Plus if I knew all of those things I wouldn’t be the Anti-Bride that I am today! J J J J J JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ J

If you recap to one of my earlier posts, I was considering having 3 dresses for this occasion. I wanted a dress to take pictures in, a dress for the ceremony, and the final Alfred Angelo dress for the reception.





Yeah…. that lasted for about 3 weeks and I changed my mind quick. Three weeks after writing that post I did my research and I found out it takes 6-8 months for a brand new dress to be “ready to wear.” I about died twice. The safe thing to do at that time would have been to drop everything I was doing, race down the NJ Turnpike to Cherry Hill, and order my dress at that very moment. But I did not want to make an irrational decision. Despite having to pay more money, and cross my fingers in hopes that my dress arrives on time I’m pretty confident about everything. I’m in a good place about it all.

I did choose a black and white Alfred Angelo dress. Rumor has it Alfred Angelo will be discontinuing my dress soon. My “lovely” Alfred Angelo Consultant (I mean lovely in the truest form not in a condescending way at all J) told me if I fit the sample it would be good idea to purchase the sample because it was marked down. NATURALLY I did not fit the sample. Which didn’t matter much even if I could fit the sample dress I wouldn't have purchased it. While the sample was BEAUTIFUL it wasn’t the black and white color that I wanted, so I of course I would've passed on it if it was an option.

My Grandma and 7 year old nephew accompanied me. (Talk about Odd Couple) My mom could not make it back up to NYC/NJ for this. But it was exactly the experience that I wanted when ordering a dress. I literally was in the store for 15 minutes. I tried on the dress, stood in the mirror for 3 minutes, took the dress off, and was at the register ready to pay. EVERYONE thought this was the most astonishing thing, even my Grandma.

My mind was completely made up, and had always been made up. I just wasn’t ready to really purchase the dress before. This time I was REALLY ready to purchase the dress. I didn’t really need the OOOOOOHHHH’s and AWWWWW’s to validate how I felt. I also didn’t want to take any pictures of myself in the dress.

Heck if I could have gone by myself I would have. But I know going by alone would have been blasphemous.

There is a possibility the dress will not be ready in time for the wedding. The Fiancé’ and I are exploring “privately” what are options are going to be. Within the next 3 to 4 weeks we will make a decision whether or not it would make sense to push the date back. It’s not just because of the dress. The dress is more of the icing on the cake.



Relax there isn’t trouble in paradise. WE ARE FINE!! Lol lol it’s more or less life changing things. I think I spoke about this in length and detail in many of my blog posts. Where you are in your life in January may not be where you are in your life in June or July. When you’re planning a wedding over the course of 9 months or longer there are things that come up unexpectedly that can and will have an effect on that day.

Being the ANTI-BRIDE that I am I just feel like okay…. easy we’ll just push the date back or move some things around no biggy! Unfortunately the rest of the Wedding and Bridal Community doesn’t always feel the same way. So The Fiance’ and I are going to really examine what are options are. Right now it looks like things are going to move forward with the date that we contracted to. But in the event in the next few weeks things go in a different direction we will re-examine what we need to do next.

In closing I have so much confidence in everything working out it's CRAZY. I feel so much more at peace after getting past the Bridal Shower, ordering the dress, and seeing the mayhem and how people react and respond first hand. I feel so much more ready for the next few months to come.


Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment