Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tales Of A Modern Day Housewife: Going Back To Work

     Yes the title is correct! I am heading back to work in a little less than two weeks. But you all knew that already!!??!!


    This is a temporary gig with start and end date. There is a minor possibility that the job can last longer than the end date. I am not going to hold my breathe on it. 

     I did get an official offer letter this time. If you follow this blog then you remember back in March I received a false alarm about a new position. I interviewed on a Friday and got a verbal offer with a promise of a written offer the following week. I waited for a full month for that written offer and never received it. Then I found out the company had over-projected their budget. So you know what that meant.

     "The Job that Never Was" incident was seven months ago. It has been eight months total since I worked. Even though my new job isn't a "big career move" it still is a pretty relevant move towards my change in career. For me it's a pretty big deal.

     I really am starting over. Which is very scary and humbling. So what does it feel like to be "A Modern Day Housewife-in-Training" heading back to work. Well... here are the bullets:

  • My "work clothes" are a little snug. So I have been, frantically, working out that situation.
  • I still have some home improvement projects that I never finished.
  • I'm excited that I won't be getting the side eye for "just staying at home!"
  • Not looking forward to the side eye for "choosing a job that has absolutely nothing to do with what I've done in the past!"
     In closing, I am trying to be more of a glass is half full type of person. Whenever I was asked if I see the glass as half empty or half full I always would respond "well it depends if you're thirsty." lol lol lol This new position is in fashion. So I am one step closer to being like my role model Sue Ellen!


Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride

Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter@theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment