Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Dress Has Arrived!!!

     Hi Everyone!!!

     My dress arrived last weekend. I am very excited about it. I didn't think it was going to come on time. Despite everyone telling me that it will come waayyy before my wedding date (which was Nov. 2, 2013), I still didn't believe them. Boy was I wrong. My dress did come way before projected.

     Having my dress is a sigh of relief. It's one less thing that I have to contend with. The next step is finding the best and safest way to preserve my dress for over a year. I have been looking into storage options. I plan to do a post on that. Right now I'm just enjoying having a big puffy dress in my closet!

     SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU here is my wedding dress:


     My slip and bra in my Alfred Angelo bag.



     My dress inside of my Alfred Angelo garment bag.


     My Alfred Angelo Gown hanging up on my bedroom door. It's a whole lot of dress!!! And it's really really white. The sample that I tried on wasn't quite this white. Obviously because it was a sample so it had been through some things. But still this is probably the whitest article of clothing I have ever had. I really want to look into the right type of storage so it can maintain its diamond white shine.



     Here is a close up on the bow of my dress. This bow is one of the reasons why I want to have a brooch bouquet. 


     Here is the back of my dress. My dress has a detachable 3/4 length lace jacket. The back of the dress really shows the detailing of the jacket.


     Here is a close up of the jacket. You really get to see the detailing in the jacket.


     Here is a picture of the dress without the jacket. It's almost like a different dress, give or take.

     So I mentioned a few times in this post as well as in one of my older posts that I want to have a brooch bouquet. For those who don't know what a brooch bouquet is, a brooch bouquet is an arrangement that consists of flowers and brooch jewelry. You can either do it yourself or have a bouquet custom made. There are some brooch bouquet that do not contain any flowers at all. I am leaning more towards my bouquet including an arrangement of fabulously fake flowers and brooches. 

     Here are a few pictures of my favorite brooch bouquets.







     In closing, I am really satisfied with my dress and my decision to include a brooch bouquet. I think this matches my personality precisely. When I told a few family members that my dress was black and white they were like..... ummmmm black and white??? But I think they will be pleased when they see the whole design come to life!!

Sincerely, 

The Anti-Bride

Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment