Friday, April 5, 2013

Saga Of The Wedding Dress: I Want 3 Dresses


     I know I know the Unemployed Lady is actually considering having multiple dresses for her one wedding. Get outta town!!!

     Here me out first please. My reception is going to be an evening reception starting roughly around 7:30pm. Originally I was against the idea of having a wedding ceremony. My dream was to exchange vows at the reception and have a nice toast.



     This non traditional spin on a wedding really did not go over well AT ALL with anyone in either of our families. My fiance', GOD BLESS HIM, had been very open to the idea of a non traditional wedding from the beginning. His exact words when I brought the idea to him were, "umm yeah that sounds cool (insert Kanye West shrug from the College Dropout Album)." He was ride or die with me.... until ..... we received backlash from our family members again, this time for hiring a wedding planner. All of a sudden we have people on both sides of our families who are EXPERTS at planning weddings. Now, "My Love" seems to be having a change of heart. The closer that we are getting to the date the more I'm thinking I will have to compromise on this ceremony thing. YIKES!!! 
     The only thing that I can think of is having a very very small ceremony with about 15-20 people the day of the wedding. Something small like this:



The Three Maybe Four Wedding Dresses

     As I stated earlier there was only going to be one event, the reception. So the dress for the reception I wanted it to be sexy, fun, non traditional, but elegant all the same. I was always open to wearing something other than white, but I never thought I would want a black and white dress until I saw a few. The dress that I picked for my reception is similar to these dresses:



     I know I know both dresses are completely different. The dress that I chose  has a train like the first dress, but is is fluffy like the second dress. It's black, white, and of course LACE!!! I think it's so different... LIKE ME. My family is proving to be so much more conservative than I ever thought so I'm keeping this gem to myself. 

     Our wedding is in the late fall, and I really want to take summer pictures. I'm thinking of getting a short flirty dress. The pictures don't even have to be professional shots, they can be from my hommie's iPhone. I want the pictures to look fun. I'm thinking something like this:
    


     Last but not least is the ceremony dress. I'm not a serious person, but there are a few occasions where you should be serious. For my ceremony I'm thinking about having a more conservative, to some degree, long sleeve dress. I would prefer something form fitting and or lace like this:





Sounds Nice And Expensive $$$
     It does sound very expensive but it is very doable. I have been doing my research on weddings by watching shows like Say Yes to the Dress, and a host of other shows in marathon format. (Don't judge me. lol lol) I already had a budget for my dress. The cost of my dress and alterations are much less than what I budgeted for. So I have some extra monies to spend on the other dresses. My thought process on the ceremony dress is that it will a be long-form fitting gown. AKA I will be able to wear it again once I get invited to the Met Ball or Oscars or something lol. The outdoor picture dress will probably be from H&M so I will be wearing that again as well lol. 

     The "picture dress" and the "ceremony dress" do not have to be super expensive or even my dream dresses. I really want something for the moment that I look great in. Basically reject prom dresses lol. 
    
     I'm not going to go in debt to have my three dresses that's for sure! Anti-Bride or not it's been a rough few years. I think for one event if I want to wear three dresses I should be able to!

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment