Monday, April 29, 2013

If He Did Propose I Wish It Was Like This....

     If you were to refer back to my my first ever post on this blog (the post titled: I am the Anti-Bride 2013) you will know that My Love did not propose. In fact we decided on a date while drinking beers and watching The Voice on NBC. SOO ROMANTIC. There is very little about our relationship that screams ROMANCE. I would describe "our love" to be CUTE and REGULAR.

     I like that "our love" is regular. It gives us a sense of normalcy and humanness. Being a New Yorker sometimes you get caught between the real and the superficial-ness. I discussed this in a previous post. As a New Yorker having that connection with the outside world is important to me. Whether it be volunteering, being a good neighbor, or supporting the little guy (the small business "bodega" owner, or illegally hailing a dollar cab instead of a yellow cab in Manhattan.) those small things make you regular. 

     When I'm not fighting the daily struggle between"good" and "evil" rather "regular" and "superficial," I'm a girl's girl. AANNDDD, being a girl's girl I do want that hint of romance in my relationship. A HUGE proposal in front of family and friends would have been a little over the top for me.



But if My Love did propose I would not have mind if it was like this:


     Whenever I watch this movie all I can say is

YAS! YAS! YYYAASSS!!!!
when I see this scene. In my opinion it was probably the best proposal scene ever in a movie. It was intimate, special, romantic, and it had meaning. The proposal catered to their relationship in every way. It wasn't all pomp and circumstance. He made her feel so special, and it just was absolutely beautiful. 

     Even though I did not get a romantic proposal. I still have yet to have my ring presented to me. While we are going to go together to pick out our rings. I have requested a little romance when he actually presents the ring to me. So there is some hope.

      In closing the Anti-Bride is hoping for some romance, go figure.

The Anti-Bride 2013
    

No comments:

Post a Comment