Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Top Dream Honeymoon Vacation Destinations !!!

     I plan on showing a different side of myself in this post. I realize that I can be a cynical person, but I am going to lay back on that for a bit. I wanted to list my DRREEEAAMMM    HOOONNNNEEEYYYYMOOONNN  DESSTINNATIOONNNSSSS!!!!! {I say that in my Oprah’s favorite things voice.}

     I have been in a funk for the past few weeks. So I decided to concentrate on some of the fun things. What is the most fun part of the wedding process for an ANTI-BRIDE???? The honeymoon of course!! Why?!?? Because..... it marks the end of all of the crazy wedding stuff! These honeymoon destinations fit my personality best. One thing about me is I HATE being a tourist. When I go on vacation I want to adjust to the lifestyles of the area that I am visiting. I will give a brief explanation as to why I chose each place.


6. San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA 


   
     I am a New Yorker from East Harlem which is Spanish Harlem. I have many many many close family friends and neighbors from Puerto Rico. I have always wanted to travel to Puerto Rico. I feel as though it would be a very comfortable and familiar place despite never visiting there.

5. Salvador, Bahia, Brazil

     Brazil is definitely a hot spot right now. With the 2016 Olympics approaching interest in Brazil is at a peak. My brother is relocating to Brazil and has visited the country several times. He fell in love with the city of Salvador. He and my sister visited Salvador a few years back and they were received so well in the city.

     After viewing pictures and videos of their trip, as well as, doing extensive research on my own I had to add Salvador to my list. I also plan to attend the 2016 Olympics. Honeymooning in Salvador may be a nice introduction.

4. Curacao




     
     Curacao pronounced KEWR-ə-sow is an island that is located off the coast of Venezuela in the Caribbean. I worked briefly in travel industry, and a gentlemen sat at my desk requesting a flight to Curacao. I had never heard of the country and he was deeply offended. He gave me a brief history lesson, and for the remainder of that week I spent all of my free time researching Curacao. It's simply a beautiful island.

     One thing I love about Curacao is that it's not super touristy. They welcome tourists with open arms, but the people of Curacao are proud and maintain their own successful livelihood. What draws me to Curacao is the exclusiveness. It doesn't have that Disney everything is for sale feel that a lot of other Caribbean islands have.

3. Barbados




     What drew me to Barbados is the same thing that drew me to Curacao the exclusiveness, and proud people. I love to go to places where the people are proud and welcome sharing their culture. I hate going to places and seeing the people have conformed to please the tourists. That's a complete sell out. It's like going to Myrtle Beach, SC and buying an I Love NY t-shirt. So corny.

     The difference between Barbados and the other Caribbean islands that I have listed, with the exception of Puerto Rico, is the nightlife and GAMBLING! I think if My Love and I went to Barbados we would have a swell time. The night life is superior, the weather is perfect, and the food is the bestest!!

2. Antigua, BVI






     Antigua is such a chill exotic place. It's my 2nd pick for my dream honeymoon. My family on my mother's side are from Antigua, and some of them still live there. I have never visited the island nor do I know them. But that would not stop me from meeting them and swooping in to pick up a wedding gift. TACKY!! 

     I would love to go to Antigua for my Honeymoon. Having roots there is a plus. Anytime you travel to a place and meet family for the first time it's always so much fun. They take you everywhere and introduce you to everyone. Of course I would not turn my Honeymoon into a family reunion. We would of course stay at a resort. But if you had family in paradise wouldn't you want to take advantage of that??!!???

1. Durban, South Africa






    
     This may come as a HUGE shock but yes my number one dream honeymoon vacation destination is Durban, South Africa. Although the weather in November may not be 80 degrees and up like Antigua it still is number one in my eyes. Back in 2010 when I took my first jab at graduate school I took an Olympics Game class. I know kind of random... In the class we had to break into groups and campaign for our city to have to bid for the 2016 Olympics. I chose Durban, South Africa as my host city.

     I spent 10 weeks doing extensive research on Durban and fell in love with it. I even looked into job opportunities in Durban, and thought heavily about relocating there. My mom deaded that idea! Nevertheless I still love the city. Everything you can dream of in one vacation Durban has. Beautiful beaches, sailing, great food, art and culture, and Durban is an hour away from Safari's. What more can you ask for??!!??
  
     That completes my list. Time will tell if I visit any of these places on my list. I will keep you guys posted!

Anti-Bride 2013


    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment