Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Wanted To Give Up!

     You read the title correctly. Yes I am not proud of it but it is true I wanted to give up. First let me clarify. When I say give up I don’t mean not marry MY LOVE. That is a bit harsh. But I did want to call off the wedding. The stress is starting to brew, and I worry that I will not be able to handle it.

     My personal life is my number one priority right now. As you guys know I am still technically unemployed. I did get a job offer, but the details and outcome from that I will save for another post. Let’s just say for now I am still actively looking for permanent employment with an employer I will be happy and proud to work for. I am a firm believer in positive energy and what you put out is what you get back. I know for a fact that EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY. I am also very confident that I will find exactly what I am looking for. I just need to stay positive, stay calm, and stay focused.


Easier said than done!!!

     I have not been seeing eye to eye with my parents and it is starting to have an effect on my relationship. After a nice talk with my hunny and what I will call “divine intervention” or “signs” I decided to nip the bad stuff in the bud. I have distanced myself from my parents a bit. Though it is tough and at times hurtful it is something I must do. I am realizing that there is a strong need to build some boundaries.


     What kind of pushed me over the edge was finding out something that a regular bride already knows. I had NO IDEA that it takes approximately 6 months for your bridal gown to be “ready to wear.”  Disclaimer: I’m going to be a bit crass for the next few sentences you can skip down to avoid it.


     This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life. I have seen houses be built faster than 6 months. Why on earth would you sell a product that you cannot guarantee will be available when the person needs it? Hell I was born premature at 7 months. So what you are telling me it takes around the same amount of time to make a dress as it took for me to develop. Six months is just totally disrespectful to a person’s time. So you want me to buy something now and wait 6 months for it to be ready… are you out of your freaking mind. There are so many things that can happen between the time you order the dress and the time you get it. And I do not mean a wedding being called off. I mean something like a hurricane, a fire, you change jobs, you get a rare stomach virus and lose 80 pounds, you relocate etc etc. Four weeks I can see, 6 weeks I can see, but 6 months is just completely moronic. I hate that in order for me to get the dress that I want I have to subscribe to this idiotic way of doing things.  

     Hearing that my dress will take possibly 6 months for it to be ready really made me want to give up. I am in the middle of this whole transformation thing. I am starting to feel good, and I am starting to see minor results from my new regimens. I really thought everything was going to come together. My plan was to order my dress in the beginning of July. I figured my dress would probably arrive late August or mid-September at the latest. I felt like my final alterations would be done in October. Because that makes sense. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!!

     I am not ready to buy a wedding dress now. I am not just unprepared financially I am not ready emotionally to purchase a wedding dress. There are so many other things that are more important in my life right now than buying a dress. There are so many other things that I feel I must do to prepare to become somebody’s wife before I buy a dress. I mean do these other women get these wedding dresses 8 months before their wedding and hang them up in their hallway closest? Because that makes more sense....



     I was upset about it at first. A part of me thought that I should try to figure this out and figure that out so I can order the dress so it can be ready. Then I had to take check out for a second. When I checked back in I decided that I am not going to buy that dress now. It makes no sense. I really am not ready to buy the dress for the reasons that I said. I cannot start conforming now. When I am ready to buy the dress I will buy it. If I have to pay extra I will pay extra so whatever. But I am not going to lose sleep over it.

     With that said I am rethinking this whole 3 dresses scenario. If one dress is this much of a headache I doubt I will be purchasing two more. I will just let it flow.

Closing words - I am not conforming!!

Anti-Bride 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment