Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wait Loss or Weight Loss

     It has been a busy summer. 

     How busy do you ask? - So busy that I didn't even have time to realize that I was busy! Yup!!!! THAT BUSY!!!

     We are officially in mid-August, and school starts back up for me on the 28th. I got a new job; which I started the first week of June. No, it wasn't one of the positions that I was offered or interviewed for during in the "Grow Up And Get A Job" post. I actually work the overnight shift as a clerk/secretary/admin (yep, I can be referred to by any of these titles, depending on who you ask) in the ICU at one of the hospitals here in NYC. It's a very intense introduction to the medical industry.

      But, I digress. That's a whole 'nother post. The point for me mentioning my new job is to basically emphasize how busy I've been. Beginning a new job is draining. But when said job means processing patient EXPIRATION forms (Expiration = Death).... yeah..... that's kinda a new feeling that I haven't quite gotten used to yet!

      On top of starting a new job, in a completely foreign industry... I was also taking summer intensive courses. I took 3 courses over a 2 term period. So I would literally go to class after watching someone die.... 

       Talk about draining. After school, then work, I would get home and I would be feeling a lot like this:




      As far as my grades go, I was hoping to get a 3-peat from the grades I received during the spring semester. 2-A's and 1-B. Or even better straight A's!!!! Instead, I earned myself 1-B+, 1-B-, and 1-C. I don't like C's, but hey I'll take it. Seeing as though this isn't grad school yet, 1 C will do. I just cannot make another. 

     So now I absolutely know my limitations. I know where the line is, and I know what will happen if I cross it. I know when to push myself, and I know when to fall back. 

     Now that things are starting to settle down with work, and I have a much better understanding of how this whole work/school juggling thing goes


     I really want to start focusing my attention on shedding those last few pounds before the wedding. 



     My intentions are to go for my dress fitting the 2nd week in September. So I have a little under 5 weeks to "make it work" in my Tim Gunn voice. I think in order to "MAKE IT WORK" I'm going to have to commit to a drastic lifestyle change. 

     Throughout the summer I have been dabbling here and there on different diet and exercise regimens. All in all I've lost 12 pounds, and several inches. I know that it is definitely possible to lose more weight, but I have concerns.

My concerns are the following:
  • Should I incorporate "The Fiance"
  • Should I keep this a complete secret from everyone - other than those who read this blog CLEARLY
  • Will this change me
     Time will tell. 

BUT

     I am really motivated, and I think that's a really really good start!

     In closing, being busy isn't a bad thing if it's planned right. Scheduling and time management is key, and figuring out productive things to do during my downtime is going to be the most important thing. When I'm trying to rest my brain I usually "veg out" in front of the TV. That lazy bug, is my biggest weakness!


Sincerely,
The Anti-Bride
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @antibride2013

No comments:

Post a Comment