Friday, February 21, 2014

Anti-Bride & Reception Woes: Making The Band LITERALLY

I have always been a day dreamer, and I have always had a crazy imagination. Even as an adult I still have Muppet Babies style fantasies.



     For those who are clueless to what a Muppet Baby is well.... The Muppet Babies was a cartoon television show that aired in the mid 1980's to early 1990's. It was based off of Jim Henson's Muppet characters as infants and toddlers in a nursery. 



      The Muppet Babies had a "Nanny," but she was never around. She was off somewhere washing her socks or whatever, but the point is they were often left alone to read children's stories (or look at the pictures). Their young imagination's took them to far away places where they would recreate the stories that they had read.

     And we are talking about Muppet's because...

     Well, as you all know I am in school again pursuing another interest. My commute is rather long on the subway. How long??? Oh anywhere between 90 minutes to 2 hours and 20 minutes depending on weather and traffic. On these commutes I read, I listen to music, but most often I just think or DREAM. I really let my mind wander.

     I dream about wearing a size 2 again. I fantasize about going on exotic vacations. I dream about business and job ventures. And of course I dream/fantasize about my wedding. Almost all of my dreams and/or fantasies are reoccurring. I elaborate and modify my thoughts and visions each time I revisit the dream in my mind. 

     One of the reoccurring daydream's that I have had over the past 8 months has been about my wedding entrance. I've told you guys that I'm not interested in walking down an isle. Instead I want to get married at my reception. 

     In my fantasy all of my guests are seated. They're sipping on wine, and nibbling on cheese. 


     And they are enjoying wine and cheese nibbling music.



     The M.C. begins to announce my family. My family enters the hall as a beautiful light show ensues. You see all of the crystals, and diamonds glimmer across the room from the centerpieces and decor. After my parents are introduced and seated "The Fiance" makes his grand entrance, or not so grand knowing him. "The Fiance" walks to the center of the room where there is a crystal table, candles, three wine glasses, and our officiant. 

     Our officiant better be a drinker because after we make this thing legit we're toasting to the good life!

     So as "The Fiance" gets half way through his walk to the center of the room. (If you're going through this in your mind then....yep the center of the room is the dance floor.) The music begins to change from the wine and cheese music to a soft interlude of Prince's - Diamonds and Pearls. When the M.C. asks for our guests to stand for my entrance the music gets a little louder as I walk to the center of the room to meet "The Fiance." 

     We say our quick -- I mean super quick, brief, straight to the point, make it do what it do -- vows. We kiss. Then as we toast I want the bass to drop from the instrumental of Prince's - Diamonds and Pearls to a full blown concert-esq version of Prince's - Diamonds and Pearls. At this point in my dream people are laughing, and taking pictures, and drinking, and it's one of the most happiest, and rewarding times in my life. 

     GREAT RIGHT!!!

     There's only one problem preventing this dream from becoming a reality... The band!!! 


     I'm sure this guy is UBER talented, but does he know Prince???

     In my mind I have concocted a super original, super cool, super ME wedding entrance. The only problem is finding a really really really good band. 

     When I think of a band I think of a group of talented musicians that can play any genre of music. And the vocalist is AMAZING, might I add. A few of the ideal bands to play at my wedding would be:


The Gap Band - I don't mind hearing "Outstanding" 100 times in a row while we eat.


Sly & The Family Stone - I mean it is a "Family Affair."


Shalamar - Not just the singers I want their band too, because our wedding is "A Night to Remember."


Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Do I really have to explain???!!?!!?? This is just an awesome band. They have been on tour my entire life, and their last album was like 30 years ago. 
What, you don't believe me???... Okay click on the link and watch for yourself.

      The likelihood of me getting Maze with Frankie Beverly to perform at my wedding, or any of these other bands are slim to none. Okay slim to none is even a reach. It's more NONE than slim. But that's the point of fantasizing and dreaming. Of course we want our dreams to come true. But what happens when they can't? What happens when you fantasize about the seemingly impossible? What do you do?

     Well if you're anything like me, a highly determined yet reasonable person, you weigh your options. Fortunately for me I do live in New York City, and there are tons of talented musicians around. I'm sure if I did some research I could find a talented band with a talented vocalist, to play the genre of music that I request. Yes, that means Prince.

     Another option would be no band at all but just an awesome DJ who works together with my M.C. to create a very explosive entrance with that Prince song.

     In closing, one of the things that I love the most about being an Anti-Bride is that there are no limitations. I can do whatever I want, because I am an Anti-Bride. I am Non-Traditional. I set my own boundaries. And I set my own rules. If I don't find the perfect band so what we can pop a Prince CD in and have my nephew turn the sound up and down as we walk in! BAM! Okay it won't be that bootleg, but you get the point! 

     Lucky for me I have a few more months to really revise the dream to make it come true.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013

    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment