Sunday, February 2, 2014

Anti-Bride Goes To College: Let Me Have My Moment Please

     I know what you're thinking.... Welcome to 2014! It's good that you decided to join us! 

     At least that's what I think you're thinking. Hell, that's what I would think if I were you. 

     It's February 2nd and this is my official post of the new year.  

     I didn't intend to take a 3 month-ish hiatus. It just sort of happened. Believe me there were so many things that I wanted to blog about!!!!!! AND I'm glad that I didn't. I just wasn't in a good blogging place. 

     I am the Anti-Bride and I use the word "ANTI" more for shock value. I know that anti is the prefix usually used in an opposing sense. However, I don't want to come off too negative. I have been experiencing some personal/professional/emotional growing pains. While blogging is therapy for me I don't want my blog to become The Burn Book!



     So what's been going on????

     Well for starters I ordered my Save the Dates!!! They are beautiful magnets! I ordered them from magnetstreet.com. They came in a beautiful box, and they were reasonably priced. Here are some pics:





***My damask print bed spread tho!!!! "The Fiance" purchased that before we became an item. Wait come to think of it I hoped he purchased it and not some other girl..... Oh geez.... Well I fell in love with that bed spread and damask print is the unofficial theme of our wedding. ***

     I hope to do a full blog post/review on my Save the Dates at another time. This post is dedicated to my first week back to school!!! YAY!!!

     Tomorrow starts week 2 of my "Back To School Journey!" If you remember in the Career Update: I'm Not Crazy Just Misunderstood post back in October I stated that I was going back to school to pursue a career in Speech Language Pathology. If you don't remember here's a quick recap: 
  • I got accepted into a program. 
  • I received a NY state grant. 
  • I was able to receive federal loans via financial aid to pay for the rest as long as I pursue a 4 year degree. 

     It sounds scary when you say a second bachelor's degree. Having majored in mass media communications for my first bachelor's, I'm only 36 credits shy of receiving my degree in speech. I only have to take my pre-requisite classes and then I start graduate school.

     Last week I was on an incredible high. Shoot I'm still on a high. As narcissistic as it may sound I am sooooo proud of myself for making this career change for a PLETHORA of reasons. Despite my excitement it's been a draining week, but draining in a good way. 

     Since I'm unemployed I am soo blessed to have the opportunity to take classes during the day with the regular undergraduate students. I have many many many different emotions ranging from 

     DAYUM I'm the oldest chick up in here 
          to
     O.M.G. did I sound like that when I was 20... YUP, I did!

     If I can describe how I feel in one word it would be HUMBLE. In a way I feel like my life is coming around full circle. It's just so enlightening........ at least I think it is.


     Like ALL human beings I am a work in progress. I have been working very hard on myself, because I want to get "it" right. What's "it?" Life, Love, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happyness.... Yeah All That Stuff!


     As a true scorpio when I want to protect something or someone that I love I GO HARD!!! I have shared some of my experiences of what it took for me to change my career. With time I will explain more. But I didn't just wake up one day and decide "hmmm I think I want to be a speech therapist! Let's get it!

     Naw!!! It was a long process. 

     Now that it is happening I find myself shutting a lot of people out. Having worked in entertainment I know that no act is successful without a "team." My "team" includes:
  1. "The Fiance"
  2. "The Twin Sister"
  3. "The Mother" well my mother but everyone else had "The" in front of them so hey....
     I have unintentionally shut everyone else out. I don't mean to be shady, a b*tch, or just a mean girl...


     I just can't be in other people's moment. I have to, have to, have to, have to (+ 7 more have to's) be in my own moment. 

     In closing, I have come to the realization that it is my moment it is my time. I'm getting married in a few months. I'm pursing a degree in a rewarding career. I mean if it was anybody else I would be like "wow it must be good to be her." Why can't I feel that way about myself??? 


     Does this make me a Bridezilla???? I dunno!!?!!

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride
Email: theantibride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @antibride2013








No comments:

Post a Comment