Saturday, May 4, 2013

Can She Do It?? Lose 8-10 Pounds In Two Months For Bridal Shower……

          So my Bridal Shower is in less than two months. On Saturday, June 29th, 2013 I will be having my bridal shower at a restaurant on the upper east side of Manhattan. YAY ME!!

            In all honesty I am totally freaked out like nobody’s business.

     Let’s list the reasons why I’m freaked out:
1.    I am 40 pounds overweight.
2.    My face has a mind of its own, and has moments where 
       my break outs are reminiscent of a 14 year old boy.
3.    I have no job, and slowly running out of money.

Wow those are great conversation starters. Ehhmm can someone please pass the rolls and butter??
Not only am freaking out, but I am feeling a little depressed and desperate. SIIIGGGHHH that was hard to admit. I want to wake up Monday morning and all of my problems are resolved. Does life happen like that? Not that I know of. At least not for me.
I recently invited one of my best friends from childhood to my bridal shower. We are not as close as we used to be, but despite our present relationship I really love this girl. I want her to be a part of this bridal shower/marriage/wedding process. The hang-up is that she is a fitness guru!

UMMM YES!!!

Insecurity.....No.
I have already admitted to being depressed and desperate. Please spare me my dignity, and let me keep the fact that I “may be” insecure in my back pocket. So my “insecurity” (for lack of a better term) issues do not stem from my friend and her fitness lifestyle. I’m actually really proud of her. I watched her evolution on Facebook. I applaud her for being able to really get into that industry and keep it feminine and sexy! My “insecurity” issues are that I want to FIX all of my problems in two months. I really do not have too much control over all of them. For instance I can do everything possible to get a job in two months, but the final say so is in the hands of the JOB GODS.
If you read my April Showers Bring May Flowers post, then you will know that I started new regimens. My new hair regimen took very well. My hair looks great, and split ends are no more. My hair shines and glows like nobody’s business! On the other hand,  my skin varies from time to time. I recently had to switch my skin regimen. We shall see what the outcome will be. Lastly, is my new weight loss regiment. The weight loss is not happening like I would like and it is getting all tied up in knots.

I am 5’3” tall. Fresh out of the shower I weigh approximately 175 pounds. 5’3” and 175 is unacceptable for ANYONE. BUT…………………I have come to the realization that all of my weight isn’t BAD weight. While I do not try to sugar coat the fact that I am over weight, I do know that I am extremely curvy. By extremely curvy I mean, I am holding up approximately 10 pounds on my chest, and sitting on approximately 25 pounds on my behind. I know what you are thinking “that’s 35 extra pounds.” YES, you are right that is 35 EXTRA pounds. But, the finance and marketing student in mean says those 35 EXTRA pounds go for top dollar at your local plastic surgeons office.
            I want to lose weight and keep my womanly figure. My "Hubby-To-Be" really appreciates and enjoys the more “mature” parts of my body. Back in the early 2000’s I embraced being 5’3”, and wearing a size 3. Fast forward to 2013. I enjoy my 34D boobs a whole lot more to go back to being a size 3. I barely fit into a 34B cup back then.
 


           Out of the three things on my list, the weight loss is the one thing that I feel I have the most control over. I struggled with terrible skin my entire life. While getting healthy will help. I think there are two types of people in this world. People with great skin and people with terrible skin. I can try to maintain my skin regimen for what it’s worth, but I do not know what my skin is going to do from day to day. I try not to think about my skin very much.
            My plan for the next two months is to focus on securing a job and losing weight. Losing weight may even help me land a job.
            (My WEIGHT and the JOB search process are an entire different blog post in itself. I plan to share my thoughts on that later on in the year.)
            Starting this Sunday I will be doing lots of cardio!
           I’m talking burning 1000 – 3000 calories a week cardio. I have never been 175 pounds so I do not know how hard it is going to be to lose 10 pounds in 2 months. But I think that it is going to be extremely possible. 5 pounds per month is like 1 ½ pound per week. I should lose that alone by not eating after 5pm, and taking the stairs instead of using the elevator.
            I’m going to start week one on Sunday. I will give updates on twitter (@theantibride2013), and I will do a full update post next month!
            Closing words, on June 29th I hope to be 165 pounds! Take that!!
Sincerely,
The Anti-Bride 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment