Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bridal Shower in 16 days & I'm under the weather

     My Bridal Shower is in 16 days. I have little butterflies in my belly about it. I'm nervous as EVER. The decor is going to be pink and leopard. Yes leopard!! I want all things pink and leopard. I have been informed that leopard isn't exactly a color but a pattern. But I will treat leopard as if it is a color just the same!

     Here is the official template for the invitation:


     I have no idea who Olivia McBride is. And while I live in New York, I do not live ANYWHERE NEAR BUFFALO. But I heard Buffalo is a wonderful place. 

     We sent out all 60 invitations which is CRAZY!! This weekend we will be finalizing the actual list. In true Anti-Bride fashion I'm having a bridal shower before the Save-The-Dates for the wedding even go out. I know I know backwards.

     After much thought I have lifted the ban on lingerie at the bridal shower. While I'm still very shy about it..... fighting tradition is one of the hardest things to do. I'm learning that you have to bend. It makes me uncomfortable, and I'm really shy about showing off silky sexy night gowns. But I think after a 2 glasses of wine I will be just fine!

     So I wanted to lose a few pounds for my bridal shower.  
My "weight loss goal" for my bridal shower has changed from losing a specific amount of weight to seeing a change in my appearance. I don't care if I only lose 3 pounds, but if I see a more toned, and a more fit look then I'm okay. So far I am seeing minor adjustments, and it makes me feel good. For example my arms and legs have more definition and muscle. I'm happy about that.

     Also my Fiance' and I have completely changed our eating styles. It's working really really well for us. It's weird in a way, because it has become natural. Since we cut back on doing a lot of things for financial reasons we do not have as much food temptation. Our financial cut backs are helping to make our food transition so much easier. I think we are motivating each other. It's so cheesy because you see people talk about these sort of things in infomercials for the PX90 and your like "okay... yeah... whatever." But it really is true in a way. I think when it hits you it hits you. 

     I also think for us we are simple people. We do not like to brand ourselves. Some people are more complex and complicated and like to brand themselves as vegan, vegetarian, Episcopalian... Like whatever??!!? If that's your thing, then yes I get it. But for me when it's more of a preference then a rule it's easier to process.

    We also have tried not to talk about our changes in our "diet" with people. I've learned that when you just do something and don't make a huge fuss about it people are more understanding. When you tell people "well I'm doing A. B. and C." you open yourself up to a different kind of criticism and critique that can be SCARY. All of sudden your best friend, or first cousin that you know soo well has become the all time EXPERT in this topic, and begins to tell you all kinds of reasons why you should not do A. B. and NEVER C. 

     Switching topics, I have been feeling under the weather this entire week.


     I've been googling my symptoms like a crazy person. I think it may be a slight cold, mixed with allergies, and a sinus infection. I really don't know. But it sucks.

    Being under the weather has really made me a little flaky. I feel like I have been the ultimate flake, and sort of rude to people. I'm just wondering where is this coming from. I'm not really mad or angry. I just have very little energy to deal with people.

    Physically I am fatigued. I have been trying to keep up with my work out but I have very little energy. I get dehydrated easily. It's weird because when you're unemployed people think you have ALL of the TIME in the WORLD to deal with EVERYTHING. The reality is that I am soo busy trying to schedule job interviews, and sending out hundreds of resumes weekly that I do not have the time to deal with things. I think being sick has made me less interested in others. I feel terrible about it.

     Oh well what are you going to do?

    Closing remarks I am going to rest myself and try to find some energy so that I can finalize everything with this bridal shower.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment