Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tales of A Modern Day Housewife: Baby Talk An Open Discussion?

     "The Fiance" and I are in a good place. Things have made a 165 degree turn from earlier this year. We haven't made a complete 180 degree turn. BUT we are turning towards the right direction, and I am noticing a difference in scenery. 

     If you recall around the spring time my life was somewhat at a standstill. There was so much doubt, and so many things that were unknown. There is still some doubt, and still things that are unknown but nowhere near the magnitude of where it was before. I'm proud of that. We worked really hard. 

     With that being said we have been having the "baby talk." Having the "baby talk" is a huge step for me. I am a reformed "I don't ever want to have kids, EVER EVER EVER" person. Now that I am older, and I genuinely like the person that I am becoming I really want to see more people who share some of my character traits, wisdom, genes, knowledge, etc. As narcissistic as it sounds I think the world would be a better place if there were more people like me in it!  

     I said all that to say this. After having spent several months as a "Housewife in Training" I think I have an idea of what it would be like to have kids...... AND I'm all for it.

     I don't want to have kids tomorrow or anything like that. BUT, "The Fiance" and I have been talking about when would be the right timing for children. We have come to an agreement and we're pretty happy with it. Now that we have a solid plan I think it's better if we keep it private. 

     My personal opinion on my parenting skills is that I think I would be a great mom. Why?? Because I'm an AMAZING adoptive mother to all seven of my Cabbage Patch Kids. Xavier Roberts would be so proud. 



     I am not kidding when I say I honestly believe that motherhood/parenthood starts at adolescence. I think how you treated your Cabbage Patch Kid when you were younger, says a lot about how you treat your kids. 

     I think all humans have this parental instinct that's in us. We are all quick to judge whether or not someone is a going to be a good parent based on whatever we believe a good parent is. The truth is I've seen motherhood and fatherhood really change some people for the better, and I've seen it make others spiral out of control. Knowing how judgemental people can be, including myself, I think the "Baby Talk" is something couples should keep quiet. Having a Town Hall meeting with all of your family and friends on Facebook discussing "yeah we're trying to get pregnant" is just a recipe for disaster.



     I admire the couples who are strong enough, or excited enough whichever, to tell people their plans for getting pregnant. On the contrary I know myself. Right now where I am in life, being in my late 20's approaching early 30's, is that I'm not trying to hear anything from anyone about anything. I am more sensitive now than I ever was before. 

     I guess now that I am getting married and will eventually have a family of my own....... and everything that comes a long with it. (You know your own house, your own dogs and cats, your own cars, your own EVERYTHING!) Those maternal instincts kick in because now I'm going to be the Matriarch of a clan. (Wow just thought about Game of Thrones!) I just feel like I have something that I need to protect. 

     In closing, when I think about my emotions when it comes to my future family I know that is a sensitive topic. I often wonder if I am sensitive or am I just really protective? I dunno, but what I do know is that I'm keeping my "baby talk" to myself.

Sincerely,

The Anti-Bride 
Email: theantbride2013@gmail.com
Twitter: @theantibride2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment